Friday 11 April 2014

MAD HATTER

Good Morning Rikki here today to share with you something Easter inspired. Today marks the last day of the school term here in Western Australia, and yesterday my boys school had an Easter hat parade. So I thought I would share with you one of my creations.


I am a huge fan of paper mache' I believe you can create anything with it and its perfect for creating Easter Hats. 


To create the texture , I just applied Derivan Paints Gel Medium and made the look of bark, then allowed it to dry and then add paint over the top because I didn't want it to be shiny.

  

The Manorhouse Shades of Blue where just the right size and scale for the log, and just by scattering a few around its doesn't become too girly for a boys hat.


SHADES - Sky Blue

Gel Medium 250ml

Cant forget the perfect finishing touch with Jenni B Feathered Butterfly.....

Butterfly Feather 4cm Turquoise

So I hope that has inspired you all today, till next week hope you have a great creative weekend.

Rikki 
xxxxxxx





Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Great Easter hat Rikki, very inspiring...

    Hugs
    Rhonda...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes it was a lot of fun to create, especially when you have ideas like this and you dont want them to get lost in translation. xxxxx

      Delete