Friday 21 March 2014

REUSE OR MAYBE ITS A CASE OF HOARDING

Good morning all... Rikki here on this fine Friday. Today I thought I would share with you a mixed media layout that uses your plastic bags from when you buy your lovely Manorhouse Creations flowers.... now you wont be throwing them out!!! Keep them and reuse them. 

Mind you might want to keep it a secret from the other halves in our lives, because I think mine thought I was off my trolley when I was telling him not to throw out the empty packaging. That or he thought I would need to go on Hoards, officially now, I could just see his brain tick over.... ''you have enough scrapbooking supplies, why are you using the plastic bags?" 

Ahhhh, that I do but little does he know..... lol.


Where to start? I usually start with a little bit of  
Derivan Paints & Mediums Gesso, swiped over the background where I want my mists to go (I just use whats on my desk..... usually the backing from my flowers). Allow to dry.

Now with your left over plastic packaging , brush a little bit of your mist on it.... I started off with Heidi Swapp Colourshine. Place it over your gesso and squash it down. Repeat till you get the coverage that you are after. Dont forget to flick a few spatters around and allow to dry.

Once its dry we are repeating the same technique as above with the Dylusions, while they are still wet use your Dusty Attic Mini Spritz Bottle with water, and bleed out the Dylusions a little bit you can also use your plastic bag to push it around at this stage. Allow to dry, once your happy with the results and also dont forget to flick a few spatters.


Now you can built your layout, I used some stamps just remember to use some Archival Ink Pad  so it wont run into your colours. Another great thing to use is the Kaisercraft Rubon words for an instant title.




Gesso 500ml
Gesso 500ml
Dylusions Ink Spray - Calypso Teal
Dylusions Ink Spray - Calypso Teal
Mini Spritz Bottles
Mini Spritz Bottles
Archival Ink Pad - Jet Black
Archival Ink Pad - Jet Black
Explore Rubon Word
Explore Rubon Word
Also another product that I a secretly excited about in the store is the new 12x12 Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock 250gsm, it is perfect of those of us who love mixed media and not the buckling that happens when we create our backgrounds. Why dont you pop over to the store and see the stunning colours it comes in and grab yourself some today.

I hope that has inspired you to keep and reuse your left over packaging.... if you give this a go it would be great if your could share a link in the comments and the team will go and have a look.

Till next week I hope you have a great creative weekend.

Rikki
xxx
Photobucket

1 comment: