Thursday 6 February 2014

ZOMBIES ARE HEADING OUR WAY!!! BY JO


Hi! Jo here with a new project! I feel like the zombies might have captured me and taken me to another planet over the summer holidays break – it’s been so long since I got to sit in the peace of my scrap room and just play. However, today with the children back to school - I’ve arrived back in the real world – my hands are covered in green and red dye and my scrapbooking table is littered with my tools, paper, glue and of course Molossi chipboard!

Tomorrow is my son’s 9th birthday and somehow we’ve gone from toy trucks to killing zombies on his new X-Box games in what feels like the blink of an eye. His request for his birthday cake is a graveyard with a zombie hand reaching out of a grave, his party is zombie themed and I’ve spent far too much time in the past 48 hours researching disturbing images on pinterest for zombie parties, party favours, decorations and the like.

So it seemed obvious that the birthday card for said birthday should also feature this ghoulish theme. I was lucky enough on my return from down south to have another wonderful package of chipboard goodness on my doorstep from the good folk at Molossi. Included in this pack was the chipboard banners which I have used on this card – now normally I would decorate these with bright colours and hang them from some baker’s twine to bring the feeling of light hearted fun – however, on this occasion colouring them to the ghoulish greens featured in the card and using them to look more like the steps to the dungeon below worked a treat.

My little zombie I simply found on a google search – printed onto white card and coloured with my American Crafts markers and then fussy cut. The background was spritzed with Glimmer Mist and the red “blood” spurt is the Pillar Box Cherry Pie Dylusions Ink Spray.

The little word bubble featuring the happy birthday was created using clip art and adding in the text I wanted. Again, I printed onto white card and fussy cut – mounting it to my card with foam adhesive squares.

The little wooden number 9 in the bottom right corner is a packet of numbers I purchased years ago from a cheapie store – I’ve simply spritzed it also with the Cherry Pie Dylusions Ink Spray to keep the colour the same.

Mat the whole piece in black cardstock and add to my white card base and I was done.

It felt good to be back in the creative groove after my hiatus. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look – I promise the next blog post you will see from me will not be ghoulish. In fact, I have some gorgeous wedding joy to share with you including the amazing laser cut words you can purchase from Molossi made to order – hope you can check back soon and see what I’m talking about – till then – See ya!

Cheers, Jo!


Molossi Products used: 
Chipboard Banners 

1 comment: