Saturday 15 February 2014

NO MORE LEFTOVER GUILT.....

Hi Rikki, here!!! Hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day.
I am here with another layout hopefully that will inspire you to get messy. This layout is also perfect for those little strips of paper you always seem to have lying around and if your like me you don't want to throw them out but then you feel guilty hoarding little bits.... Well feel guilty no more!!! I am going to show you how to use all the left over bits.
I am sure you are asking where the left overs are? They have been used to make my background. Just cut your strips down glue them randomly over each other once you have your pattern , allow to dry.
Then with a spatula or plastic card just swipe the area with some Derivan Gesso make it as random and as thick as you like, allow that to dry.
Then with any of your mists I have used Heidi Swapp Colour Shine just paint around the edges of the strips of paper.... then with a spray bottle of water, like the Mini Spritz bottles diffuse the mist. Allow that to dry.
 And that is how you use your scrap stash.
Now your ready to create your background you can turn it into a layout don't forget random bits of washi (I find the raw, natural colours work really well). Also why not give your layout a feature with a stunning Manorhouse Flower or two.
Gesso 500ml
Derivan Paints ; Gesso white
Mini Spritz Bottles
Dusty Attic Mini Spritz Bottle

RAZZLES - pink
Manorhouse Creations Razzles- Pink
 
Lotus - white
Manorhouse Creations Lotus - White
 
I hope that has inspired you if you do get arty please share a link in the comments and I will come and leave you some love. Next week I have a layout with some lovely layers with some fussy cutting and some gorgeous flowers xxxx.
 
 
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to use up all your bits and pieces, and to make them look so cohesive...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhh thats just gorgeous, will have to keep in mind when i have left overs :) well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natasha.... cant wait to see what you create xxx

      Delete
  3. I am going to try this one, thank you for the inspiration. Ange xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving some love. Cant wait to see what you create and leave us a link here so we can all check out your work xxxxxx

      Delete
  4. This is my first visit to this site and I LOVE this tip to use up those little scraps! I DO save every bit of goodness and sometimes I am overwhelmed at the huge pile! This is a fab way to use those scraps and not have to color coordinate them ~ thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Christi for leaving some love. When you do try leave a link here so we can check it out

      Delete
  5. I completed a layout after seeing yours. It is on my blog

    http://pagesintime.blogspot.com/2014/02/in-good-old-summer-time.html

    Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just popped over to see Jean, love your take on this technique thankyou for sharing xxxx

      Delete