Monday 24 February 2014

ENDLESS SUMMER BY CATHI


Hi Cathi here with my first project for February! I kept my layout fairly, just using a bit of subtle background stamping so the Manor House papers and flowers could take center stage! I really love the calm feeling of this layout!


I chose the Cobble Stone Wall chipboard and the Endless Summer words. I covered them in gesso, heated them till they bubbled and got a great texture. I inked them with Walnut Stain Distress Ink first and then edged them with Black Soot Distress Ink to tie in with the colors of the paper and flowers, I love the graded effect of colors on the chipboard. For the flowers, I used the gorgeous white Minuettes - Pink mixLetters from Paris, and Denim Vinettes. The fussy cut butterfly actually came from the packaging of one of the flower packs, a finishing detail!




Make Believe  Elements cards Cobblestone Wall    Minuettes - Pink mix  *Letters from Paris  Vinettes - DENIM

Distress Ink Pad - Walnut StainDistress Ink Pad - Black Soot

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, classy, delicate and love the flowers too, well done Cathi, Marta xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you use flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete