Thursday 9 January 2014

SOME ART NOUVEAU INSPIRATION

Here is what Cathi says about creating this beautiful card:

I love to use vintage images on my cards and just love the art nouveau of artist Mucha!  I had a few images printed out waiting to be used, so I made my own card background for this one using several gorgeous stamps from my stash.

To start, I had a 5 inch square piece of white card. I stamped my standby favourite Visible Image script stamp Bronte Script with Sepia Archival Ink. Looking at my image I took the orange from it and inked the white card with Spiced Marmelade Distress Ink.  I then took some new to me, Gelatos by Faber Castell and used my Harlequin background stamp to stamp the blue snow cone colour gelato onto my background, I loved the faded watercolour look that this gave the design!  I edged the card with some Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

I added some blue flowers and a Molossi Fleur de Lis chipboard which I coloured with the blue gelato to embellish the card and then finished it off with my gorgeous new Once Upon a Time stamp!  I added some gorgeous Molossi orange paper flowers and Molossi bling.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Cathi! The color palette is so pretty and I love how you made your own patterned paper with stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours you have picked I love making my own paper so I understand the work you have put into this card its beautiful

    ReplyDelete