Tuesday 19 November 2013

SOME AMAZING WORK FROM OUR DT

Hello - I am back again to showcase some of our amazing DT's inspirational work!

First up we have Jo's layout:
TAEKIDOKAI
By Jo Baker
http://www.josscrapofdifference.blogspot.com.au/



My son has tried many different hobbies and activities this year whilst trying to find something that takes his passion.  The first part of the year we tried a martial art – in his case Taekodokai – we did the trial classes, agreed that this was for him, paid the membership and bought the uniform but by the start of soccer season – Taekodokai didn’t make the cut   

However, being a scrapbooking mum and thinking this might be the start of something new and important – I did get the first night in uniform photos.  So I was thrilled when my goodies from Molossi this month included a sheet of Karate characters which allowed me to document this latest hobby.

I have kept the treatment simple – one patterned paper as the background (Bo Bunny) and another cut into a large pennant shape (My Mind’s Eye).  I have added some corrugated cardboard – simply torn from a cardboard box and the top layer ripped off to expose the ridges below and then some white acrylic painted swiped over it.

As well as the Molossi chipboard I have used some Dusty Attic chipboard – also available through Molossi – the frame which I painted white and wrapped some blue and white twine down one side of and the large circle – also painted white are both from Dusty Attic.
To give a little more detail I have added in some stitching along the edges of the pennant piece.  I tied a few small pieces of ribbon and knotted them off on the circle chipboard and printed my journaling onto white paper and then inked the edges before cutting into paragraphs and adhering in the spaces available on my layout.

The Molossi Karate characters I  also swiped with white acrylic paint and didn’t feel the layout needed much more than a title after the addition of these active little characters   

The title is a Bella chipboard simply adhered on top of the Dusty Attic chipboard circle .


Next we have some Christmas Cheer from Eve!



NAUGHTY OR NICE ...
 
Products used
Molossi Xmas papers
Manor house flowers
Molossi sticky bling
 
Other products
Dlish plastic doily
Cuttlebug cut title
DCWV chalkboard paperstack to create the Santa scroll
 
 
XMAS GIFT
 
Products used
Molossi Xmas papers
Molossi holly chipboard ( coloured in with copic ciao markers )
 
Other products
Cuttlebug cut title
Jute string
Dlish doily
Prima mask
Modelling paste
Inka gold paint
 
CARD
Molossi Xmas papers
Manorhouse flower
Molossi sticky bling
 
Other products
Kenny k stamp coloured with copic ciao markers
Lace from my stash
Kraft cardstock
Bazzill embossed cardstock
Ribbon slider die
 
Wow I am sure you will agree this is all amazing!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Love the use of the chipboard and the Christmas papers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jean for taking the time to look at my work :)

      Delete