Wednesday 21 August 2013

Morning, we have some lovely card shares from Jo today, using our chipboard pieces; This is what Jo emailed through


When I received my August chipboard pack from Molossi I was excited to see a gorgeous range of intricate cut chipboard borders inside – although I’m a scrapbooker first and a cardmaker 2nd – I immediately had card plans for these borders. 
I had just received an order from a local scrapbook store here in Brisbane, Arnolds Scrapbooking,  who had the good folk from Heartfelt Creations out here from the USA for the June Scrapbook Expo, demonstrating their beautiful range of stamps with matching dies and I was eager to add these products all together J
Here are the first two cards I created.



I love the dimension and the design of the chipboard borders and think they finished both these cards off just perfectly.  For the blue Feel Better card I simply coloured the chipboard border with a blue marker from the American Crafts Chromatix range and added some pearls.  For the Just Because pink card, I inked the chipboard with a brown ink, added a strip of washi tape across the top and again highlighted with pearls.
Having played girly for a while I also wanted to do something a bit masculine.  Here I have used the Molossi barbed wire chipboard and their fabulous little stunt rider – again I have coloured the chipboard with the American Crafts Chromatix markers

I hope this shows that chipboard is not simply suitable for scrapbooking and off the page projects but adds a perfect finishing touch or in fact starring element to a card.

Be sure to view  more of Jo' work at
 http://www.josscrapofdifference.blogspot.com.au/
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment